Monday, April 20, 2009

Kaitlyn's Mad Hatter "Unbirthday" Tea Party

This is the food table with the infamous flower shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (they took a really really long time to make) The party was mid morning (10-12) so we had fruit, sandwiches, cookies, mini scones, and cupcakes. The "tea" was white grape juice. I figured it was the least messy of all the juices available.This is one of the kid tables. Everyone got a "Mad Hatter hat" (sitting on their seat) a tea cup and saucer, a cupcake, and their goodie bags (which are in the shape of a tea bag with their name written on the tag)

Here's Emily.
She helped hang lanterns above the kids tables like they do in the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland.

The Mad Hatter Hat (from the dollar store) They were really tall and silly looking... Just Perfect!
Here is Kaitlyn's place setting.

I can't believe she is 5 now!!! I also scattered colorful tea pots on the tables as part of the centerpieces.


Emily brought her own Mad Hatter Hat...

When the kids first got to the party they could make a little book mark at the craft table with glitter paint. Then we sent them off to the park to play.

Here is Kaitlyn dressed in her Alice in Wonderland costume. I brought some bubbles. Kids love bubbles and they were a big hit!

Kaitlyn was being a little sassy and wouldn't smile for the pictures.

Brookie had fun with the bubbles too.

Here's cousin Michael with his punching balloon...

Teresa and Maya.

Does anyone remember how in Alice and Wonderland they play croquet with flamingos as their mallets? Well I thought croquet would be a little too difficult for some of our younger friends, so we had "Flamingo Races" The kids were divided into teams and had to "ride" the flamingos and race around a tree and come back to their team. Because it was an Unbirthday where things are a little backward, it didn't matter if you won or lost. All teams got prizes.

Kaitlyn in the Flamingo Race.

Nate and the pink flamingo
Run Nate Run!!!

Here is the tree, marked with a flamingo, that they had to run around.

Gabbie in her Mad Hatter Hat!!!

Chloe blowing bubbles.


Here is the park we had all to ourselves!!! It was beautiful!


We also played pin the eye on the flamingo. They all used their Mad Hatter Hats as blindfolds. It was hilarious!

Adrian and Kolby... so cute!

Because it was an "unbirthday" Kaitlyn blew out her pretend candle flame. (oops I guess I should have brought a match, but the kids liked the explanation)



Brendan and Brookie

Stefanie helped Kaitlyn hit the pinata!!! Notice how we used the mad hatter hats for blindfolds for this game too. They were very useful!
Brendan Grandma Sherri and Brookie... the park was so beautiful


3 comments:

G said...

Wow! You went all out. Kaitlyn must have loved it. I know I would have!

Natalie said...

What a party Heather! You did so much. The kids must have loved it. The hats were perfect. Cute idea to use the flamingos and have all the teapots on the table. You are such a good mom and making so many great memories for your sweet girls.

Anonymous said...

Happy "unbirthday" to you Kaitlyn. Carter, Camden and Addisyn wish they could have been there. It looks look you all had a lot of fun.