Monday, July 27, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten!

Kaitlyn's first day of Kindergarten! She was so excited! (I love her cute little shoes... so stylin') No tears were shed from Kaitlyn... I almost cried, but she was so happy, and I was happy for her!
Brookie had a good cry before we left for school. She didn't want Kaitlyn to go to Kindergarten! She loves her big sister!!!
Best buddies!


Here is Kaitlyn and a little boy from her previous preschool class. They lucked out and are in the same Kindergarten class. Kaitlyn was so happy that he got moved to her class because originally he was supposed to be in another class.
Cute story: That little girl in the pink backpack is a friend of our neighbor. She is in Kaitlyn's class. She was having a tough time at the beginning of school. Lots of tears were shed. After school Kaitlyn told me that the little girl was crying during the day because she missed her mom, and her teacher asked Kaitlyn to go back in the line and stand by her. So of course she did! Hopefully that helped the little girl to not feel so lost. Kaitlyn is such a great friend!




2 comments:

shelly said...

Good for Kaitlyn! I'm dreading that day and will be a big baby, but hopefully it will feel like the right time and not feel as bad as it sounds now. Anyway, it's got to help you that she was so excited and not scared.

Leslie said...

Oh, I don't know what I am going to do in month when my oldest goes to Kindergarten. It makes me sad thinking about it. I am glad that Kaitlyn did so well on her first day.